Comment on page
When your node is ready to start mining, please follow these steps to connect your node:
- Open and run the Render Network client. A window will pop up for you to add your unique Ethereum Wallet. Please make sure this is the same ETH Wallet ID you have previously shared with the Render Network Team. Once you copy in your ETH Wallet ID, please click "Set wallet ID".
- The client generates a rnd
%localappdata%\OtoyRndrNetworkdirectory which you can use to set which GPUs will be used for Octane render.
- In addition you can control which GPU should be used for denoise and tonemap.
- This only required for artists which need specific settings.
# user configuration file generated by the rndr client
# this file is edited by the RNDR client when gpu changes or gpu pci id changes are detected
# the list of detected gpus and their order is in the "[gpu_pci_bus_ids]" section at the end of the file
# this file can be safely edited until the "DO NOT EDIT" comment below
#### EDITABLE ####
# render (r), denoise (d), tonemap (t) settings for each gpu
# at least one gpu must be enabled for r, d, and t
# editing this will cause OctaneBench to re-run
gpu1_prefs = "rdt"
- To make the RNDR client open minimized by default add this snippet to the editable section of your .ini file:
#### EDITABLE #####
minimize_gui_on_startup = true
- Once you connect your ETH Wallet ID, your node will connect to RNDR and the network will run a benchmark of your node. Once the benchmark completes the application relaunches and your node will start getting assigned rendering jobs as jobs are submitted to the network
[NOTE]: If the application does not run initially, please open up the Task Manager, and check to see if "TCP/IP Service.exe" or a similar application is running. If so, try closing/ending the application. Closing TCP/IP service.exe will clear the RAM, and should allow the client and other applications to restart.
- Creators have 24-48 hours to approve rendering jobs. Only after a Creator confirms that renders are successfully processed, will you receive your RNDR tokens.
- Payouts are currently taking place every 7 - 10 days in a consolidated transaction to save on transaction fees required to make payments on the Ethereum blockchain.
[IMPORTANT:] To discontinue rendering - for example if you want to run local renders or programs on your workstation - please close the Render Network Application.
- If you have a lot of GPU intensive background tasks running while processing renders on the Render Network, it may lead to job failures that will hurt your reputation score.
- As a result, we recommend connecting your node to the Render Network only when you are able to commit most of your GPU, RAM, and CPU resources to the Render Network.
- Mining multiple networks simultaneously or running background programs will lead to excessive failures and potential quarantining of your node.